How can you learn to balance medical school and all of the other important parts of your life?
UBC’s Wellness Centre offers workshops such as “Nutrition on the Run” and “Juggling Life: Wellness Balance and Stress Management,” as well as peer educators, fairs, and other events.
The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) has published numerous articles in their “Balancing Act” series. Although written for physicians, many of the ideas are applicable to medical students.
- Six Ways to Make Play a Priority
- Forget About Time Management
- Five Ways to Say “No” Effectively
- Running on Empty
- Overcoming Compassion Fatigue
- Living on Borrowed Time
- Five Priority-Setting Traps
- Life Balance: Seventeen Tips from Doctors for Doctors
- Why Working Smarter Isn’t Working Anymore
- 15 Tips for Managing Life at Work and Home
- Preventing Burnout
- Grieving the Death of a Patient
- The 80/20 Rule of Time Management
- Creating the Time of Your Life
- Conflict 101
- Tips for Life Balance and Time Management