The Faculty of Medicine (FoM) requires several documents for all Operating, Equipment, and Student/Postdoctoral Fellowship Grant applications. You will also be required to obtain a number of signatures in order to complete your application package.
- FoM Grant Application Cover Sheet
- Agency Application
- Budget and budget justification (if applicable)
- 2 SPARC Reviewer Sign-Off Form(s) (if applicable)
1. Faculty of Medicine Grant Application Cover Sheet
The Faculty of Medicine Grant Application Cover Sheet is an internal Faculty of Medicine Agreement completed by the Principal Investigator and signed by the following:
- The Principal Investigator (must hold a full-time faculty appointment at UBC)
- The Faculty of Medicine Department Head or School/Centre Director
- The Senior Associate Dean, Research or an Assistant Dean, Research
For Research Trainees (graduate students, post-doctoral research fellows, or clinical fellows), please note:
- Under “Principal Investigator” insert the supervisor’s name, with the trainee’s name in brackets. Contact information and department details should be those of the supervisor.
- In the signature section, the supervisor must sign as the Principal Investigator.
2. Agency Application
3. Budget and budget justification (not applicable for fellowships)
4. SPARC Reviewer Sign-off Form
It is the applicant’s responsibility to discuss the proposal with their reviewers and it is the reviewer’s responsibility to complete, sign, and return the forms to SPARC. For mandatory reviews, 1-2 forms are required.