For the 2011 November NSERC Discovery Grants Program competition, please adhere to the following deadlines and procedures:
- Your application package must be submitted to the Dean’s Office or affiliated hospital research office by Wednesday, October 26th, 2011 for Faculty approval. You have the option of dropping off a paper copy or emailing it to the Faculty signature contact for your site. See below for a complete list of the required items.
- Your documents will be printed (if sent by email) and after Faculty approval, taken to ORS.
- Your electronic copy must be submitted via NSERC’s on-line system no later than Thursday, October 27th, 2011.
- ORS will electronically approve your application via NSERC’s on-line system for submission to NSERC.
Please remember that in addition to Point Grey Campus, Faculty approval can be obtained from the Associate Deans of Research at other hospital sites (VCHRI, PHCRI, CFRI, and BCCRC) as well.
Required Documents to be submitted to the FoM for the NSERC Discovery Grant:
- Completed FoM Grant Cover Sheet (available here), including signatures of the Principal Investigator and Department Head
- NSERC Form 101, specifically the following pages:
- Page 1 of the application, including Department Head signature
- Page 2, listing all co-applicants, including required signatures. If co-applicants are from outside of UBC, external authorized institution official signature required
- Page 3 summary of proposal
- Proposed expenditures and budget justification pages
- In the case of Research partnership programs e.g. Collaborative Research and Development (CRD), Strategic Project Grants (SPG) etc. signed letters of support and signed Form 183A – Information Required from Organizations Participating in Research Partnerships Programs
- In the case of cooperative projects, letters of support or commitment from collaborating companies or institutions.
Please visit the ORS website for the NSERC eSubmission Procedure.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Bryan Wong at the FoM (email@example.com) or Lily Liew at ORS (firstname.lastname@example.org).