Find resources to support graduate students and post-doctoral fellows.
The Faculty of Medicine is home to over 1,200 students in 18 Masters programs and 11 Doctoral programs, as well as approximately 265 postdoctoral fellows in the Faculty’s Departments, Centres, institutes, and affiliated hospitals. Responsibility for these trainees and programs within the Dean’s Office rests with Dr. Peter Leung, Associate Dean, Graduate & Postdoctoral Education.
Responsibilities of the Associate Dean include:
- Monitoring and facilitating excellence in graduate programs in collaboration with graduate advisors, the Graduate Education Committee, and the Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Providing student and supervisor support
- Assisting in and coordinating proposals for new programs
- Liason with the Faculty of Graduate Studies with respect to policy development
- Coordinating the Medical and Science undergraduate summer student research program
- Coordinating adjudication and administration of graduate and postdoctoral awards
- Facilitating professional development programs for research trainees