- UBC Career Services – counselling, job posting links, resources on CVs, interviewing, etc.
- ScienceCareers – Extensive advice, information, news, postings on careers in science, postdocs, etc.
- Naturejobs – Career advice, tools, job postings
- PhDs.org – Multiple links to career advice on graduate school, postdocs, jobs
- UBC Student Biotechnology Network – Information, networking, workshops
- Biotechnology Human Resource Council – “Canada’s leading source for human resource information and biotechnology skills development”
- BC Biotech – News, job postings, events
- Hiring in Biotech – from Vault
- Society for Canadian Women in Science and Technology (SCWIST) – Workshops, networking, information
- Networking on the Network: A Guide to Professional Skills for PhD Students – Detailed, thorough advice on networking in a scientific environment
- A Step by Step Protocol for Networking, Part One – Dave Jensen
- A Step by Step Protocol for Networking, Part Two – Dave Jensen
- The Networking Cover Letter – etiquette for introductory letters to prospective mentors and hirers, from Vault
CVs and Résumés
- The Career Doctor: Turning a CV into a résumé – Mary Morris Heiberger and Julie Miller Vick
- How to Write a Winning Résumé – Peter Fiske
- CVs that Open Industry Doors – Dave Jensen
- Model CVs and comments from the Faculty of Medicine / UBC PDA Professional Development workshop on Preparing and Applying for Positions in Alternative Careers
Dealing with Problems
- Presenting Illnesses and Changes of Direction from NextWave
- Disabilities and the Job Market – from Graduate Prospects Ltd.
Papers of Interest
- Guide for PhD Students (and Post-Docs) Aiming for a Successful Career in Science
- More Than One Route to PhD Success
- What Makes a Good PhD Student?