Deadline: Friday. April 26, 2013.
Two awards of start up funding for new recruits are available from the Faculty of Medicine. A maximum of $5,000 may be awarded.
- Applicants must be in the first two years of a full-time faculty appointment as Assistant Professor and higher, or a Clinical faculty appointment as Clinical Assistant Professor and higher in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of British Columbia.
- Applicants who have previously received UBC Faculty of Medicine Start Up Funds, or $200,000 or over in Start Up Funds from other sources, are ineligible.
CRITERIA FOR USE OF FUNDS
- Research equipment, research supplies and/or research services (e.g. cost recovery payments to core equipment) and research support salaries (e.g. technical personnel).
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee composed of Faculty members within the Faculty of Medicine and will be evaluated based on the research project and Curriculum Vitae. Consideration will be given to the following factors:
- Does the applicant have sufficient time to devote to research?
- Does the applicant have sufficient research training to carry out the proposed research?
- Where and with whom was research training undertaken?
- Will the applicant be competitive for external funding?
Email complete application to: Dr. Howard Feldman, Executive Associate Dean, Research c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.