Application Deadline: August 24, 2012
In recognition of the need to establish an effective bridge between students and the wide knowledge base of medical research professionals and faculty both within UBC and abroad, the Faculty of Medicine has limited funds available for the support of Point Grey discussion groups and seminar series. The awarding of support funds is contingent upon the following criteria:
- The Discussion Group must demonstrate an interdisciplinary nature and it is recommended that seminars are based on UBC Point Grey campus.
- The Discussion Group should be open to all interested University Faculty, staff and students and be of clear educational value to the undergraduates and graduates attending. In addition to attendance at formal seminars, active interaction of graduate students with visiting speakers is encouraged.
- The majority of funding should be obtained from other sources, including donations from participating Faculty members, and the level of funding from the Office of the Executive Associate Dean, Research will be related to the total funding from other sources (maximum of $1500 per academic year).
- Applications must be made on the official Discussion Group Application Form (MS Word).
- A covering letter from the Discussion Group Coordinator should accompany the application and be directed especially to points 1, 2 and 3 in the application. If you have any questions, please contact Adrienne Hammond, Research Secretary, at email@example.com.
The application must be received in the Faculty of Medicine Research Office no later than 4pm on August 24th, 2012.