Medical Education Links
- UBC Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a Division of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of British Columbia.Bringing together a unique combination of educational expertise, innovation, research and the use of technology, UBC CPD is a leader in providing accredited high quality unbiased educational programming to support the identified Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) needs of physicians. Its services include conference and event management, accreditation, and research.Click here to explore its website and see how UBC CPD may help you.
- UBC Career Development (CD)
We are in the process of planning a series of career development workshops. Please forward any requests or suggestions for topics to email@example.com.
- UBC MD Undergraduate Program
- UBC Postgraduate Medical Education Program
- UBC Centre for Health Education Scholarship (CHES)
- UBC Department of Family Practice Postgraduate Program Faculty Resource Centre
- UBC Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology (CTLT)
- UBC Faculty of Medicine Graduate & Postdoctoral Programs
- UBC Faculty of Medicine Technology Enabled Learning (TEL)
- UBC College of Health Disciplines
- UBC Teaching and Learning Enhancement Fund (TLEF)
- UBC Library Medical Education Subject Guide
Faculty Development Programs
|UBC:||Canadian Universities:||US and International Universities:|
Medical Education Journals
Below are the links for selected medical education journals. Full text articles for many of these journals are available online through the UBC Library or Vancouver Public Library’s EBSCO database.
- Academic Medicine
- Medical Education
- Medical Education Online
- Medical Teacher
- Teaching and Learning in Medicine
- The Clinical Teacher
- Topics in Medical Education
This search engine has a unique collection of medical education references
Medical Education Organizations
The links below contain information on annual conferences, online newsletters, medical education literature and technology.
- ACGME The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education is a private professional organisation responsible for the accreditation of nearly 7,800 residency education programs.
- AAMC – RIME American Association of Medical Colleges Research in Medical Education
- ACP American College of Physicians
- AERA American Education Research Association
- AMEE Association for Medical Education in Europe AMEE is a worldwide association for all interested in medical and health care professions education – teachers, curriculum developers, deans, administrators, researchers and students.
- ASME Association for the Study of Medical Education Their home page links to upcoming conferences and has publications to assist in medical education research.
- ASE The Association for Surgical Education
- BEME Best Evidence Medical Education
- CAME Canadian Association of Medical Education
- CFPC College of Family Physicians of Canada
- OUCEM Open University Centre for Education in Medicine
- RCPSC Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada This site contains information about medical education research grants and faculty development grants.
- SDRME Society of Director of Reseach in Medical Education
- STFM Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- STLHE Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- NBME US National Board of Medical Examiners
- WONCA World Organization of Family Doctors
Other Medical Education Links
- CIS Center for Instructional Support
This site presents information and resources for helping educators in all the health professions enhance their instructional, leadership/management, and research skills, with additional resources that can help them with career development.
- MC Today Medical Computing Today is a computing and related technologies site created for physicians and other health care professionals.